Comprehensive Urology Men’s Health Clinic in Los Angeles
The Comprehensive Urology Men’s Health Clinic enables patients to receive expert support for a wide range of men’s health issues. Our team of courteous, diligent urologists uses advanced techniques and procedures to help patients identify and treat men’s health problems.
Common Issues Treated at Our Men’s Clinic for Sexual Health
The CU Men’s Health Clinic offers treatments designed to address sexual dysfunction. These treatments include:
- Sexual Performance: Enable men to overcome physical or psychological problems that prevent them from achieving sexual satisfaction. CU’s Men’s Health Clinic treats common sexual performance issues, including erectile dysfunction (difficulty getting or maintaining an erection), premature ejaculation (occurs when a man achieves orgasm too quickly), low libido (little to no interest in sex), and delayed or inhibited ejaculation (occurs when a man cannot achieve orgasm or takes too long to achieve orgasm).
- Sexual Health: Involve the use of blood and urine testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which are caused by sexual contact that leads to the transmission of bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
- Peyronie’s Disease: Help men overcome curvature of the penis. Peyronie’s disease may cause a significant bend in the penis, along with painful erections or pain during sexual intercourse.
- Issues with Appearance/Confidence: Address sagging skin, excess foreskin, uneven testicles, or other concerns about the penis’ appearance that otherwise may impact men’s self-confidence. The CU Men’s Health Clinic team works with patients to help them find the best ways to enhance the penis’ appearance, resulting in increased self-confidence.
- Family Planning (Vasectomy): Protect against pregnancy. A vasectomy is a permanent procedure that involves cutting or blocking off tubes in the scrotum that carry sperm outside the body. Our urologists are happy to teach patients about vasectomies and ensure they understand the long-term ramifications of these procedures.
Treatments From Our Men’s Health Clinic
CU’s Male Sexual Health Clinic offers the following treatments:
Erectile Function Enhancement
- Low-intensity Shockwave Therapy (LISWT): Reverses the effects of erectile dysfunction caused by insufficient blood flow to the penis.
- Intracavernosal Injection (ICI): Injection of a potent mixture of medications that cause dilation of blood vessels in penis leading to an erection
- Penile Vacuum Pump: Provides a non-invasive treatment that promotes penile blood engorgement. A penile vacuum pump consists of a vacuum chamber or cylinder, a pump that creates negative pressure, and constriction rings.
Sexual Sensation and Performance Increase
- Low-intensity Shockwave Therapy (LISWT): Reduces plaque formation in blood vessels in the penis and accelerates the growth of new blood vessels. By doing so, LISWT increases blood flow to the penis and enhances sexual function.
- Exercises and Techniques: Involve the use of various exercises and techniques to help patients increase their sexual stamina and improve their sex drive.
- Medications: Require the use of anesthetic creams and sprays or oral medications such as antidepressants, analgesics, and/or phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: Use PRP to revitalize stems cells and growth factors and restore the penile function.
- Juvederm Injection: Involves the use of Juvederm injectable gel into the shaft and glans penis, resulting in penile enlargement.
- Stem Cell Therapy (Placental): Requires the harvesting and isolation of stem cells from a patient’s stomach and injection of these stem cells into a patient’s penis.
- Low Intensity Shockwave Therapy: Offers a non-invasive procedure that has been shown to provide stronger erections and improved sexual performance.
- Penile Vacuum Pump: Uses vacuum technology to create an erection in just minutes.
- Circumcision Revision: Corrects a prior circumcision that resulted in excess foreskin or other cosmetic issues.
- Adult Circumcision: Involves the removal of excess foreskin from the head of the penis.
- Testicular Implants: Involve the insertion of artificial testis into the scrotum to restore the scrotum’s appearance.
- Genital Wart Removal: Involves the identification and removal of genital warts.
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG): Boosts the serum testosterone level and penile length.
- Testosterone Therapy: Helps men increase the size of a small penis due to hypogonadism (occurs when the testes produce an insufficient amount of male sex hormones).
- Oral (Clomid): Increases testosterone and improves erectile strength.
- Bioidentical: Replaces hormones in the body to improve sexual function.
Fertility & Family Planning
- Vasectomy: Prevents sperm from exiting the penis and protects against pregnancy.
- STI Screening: Involves the use of urine and blood testing to determine if a patient is dealing with one or more STIs.
Visit the CU Men’s Health Clinic Today
Please contact us today at (310) 499-2756 to schedule a consultation at the CU’s Men’s Health Clinic.